My drains are blocked. What can I do?

The owner of the property is responsible for the drain all the way to the Council's main sewer, even where the drain runs over a public space, e.g. over the path and/no over the road. When called out, the Council Inspector will be able to locate the site of the blockage by examining the Council's sewer manholes. If the Council's sewer is clear, this means the blockage is in the private drain of the house/houses. In that case, the owner of the house should find a suitable company to clear the blockage. Click on Private Drain Maintenance for more information.  

We care about your feedback. Have your say.

Is this page useful?

Any concerns with your local area?

Report a problem with the Council