Environment Awareness & Education

The Community Environment Action Fund

General News

Applications are being sought by Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council under The Community Environment Action Fund.

The Community Environment Action Fund, (previously known as the Local Agenda 21 Environmental Partnership Fund or LA21), was launched by Mr. Richard Bruton, T.D., Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment to support local environmental projects.

The Community Environment Action Fund is jointly funded by Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment and Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council. Climate and biodiversity have been chosen as priorities for this year’s scheme. Opening the Scheme, Minister Bruton said, “Any school, community group or club who wants to take a step to tackle climate change or promote biodiversity should put forward ideas before 27th of September.”

The scheme, which has operated since 1997, promotes sustainable development by assisting small scale, non-profit environmental projects at local level, that make a significant difference in local communities. The Community Environment Action Fund assists sustainable development from the ground-up and facilitates, at local level, the achievement of the objectives of the Agenda 21 action plan on sustainable development which was agreed at the UN Conference on Environment and Development in Rio de Janeiro, in 1992 (the "Earth Summit").  Renewed political commitment for sustainable development was secured at the Rio +20 Conference in Brazil in June 2012, on the 20th anniversary of the "Earth Summit'. 

Groups seeking funding for eligible projects are invited to make an application to Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council by 5pm, 27 September 2019

Application forms can be accessed here on the dlr website. For further information, please contact the Council by email at info@dlrcoco.ie or by phone 01 2054700. 



View all

We care about your feedback. Have your say.

Is this page useful?

Any concerns with your local area?

Report a problem with the Council