Active Travel

DLR Central is going for Part 8

Public Consultation
people cycling

Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is moving forward with Part 8, Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations, 2001 (as amended) for the DLR Central Public Consultation. The proposal for construction are as follows:

  • High quality pedestrian and cycling infrastructure to promote active travel on: Kill Avenue (R830), Mounttown Road Lower (R829), Mounttown Road Upper (R829) & Glenageary Road Upper (R829), Dún Laoghaire.
  • It is proposed to install continuous, high-quality, and segregated cycling and walking facilities; improved public realm areas including incidental play features; improved bus priority along Kill Avenue up to the Bakers Corner Junction & provide improved landscaping along the extent of the scheme including sustainable urban drainage systems.

In accordance with S.I. 476, 2011, Section 250, Planning and Development (Amendment) (No.3) Regulations, 2011 and S.I. 296, 2018 European Union (Planning and Development) (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2018, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council has carried out screenings and has determined the following: 

  • An Appropriate Assessment is not required 
  • There is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment so therefore the preliminary assessment has concluded that an Environmental Impact Assessment Report is not required.

Any person may, within 4 weeks from the Thursday 25th August 2022 apply to An Bord Pleanála for an EIA screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.

The Council are seeking views from the public to help inform the scheme design. A public consultation is being held on the scheme from Thursday 25th August 2022. The closing date of this consultation is Thursday 6th October 2022. 

Click here know more about this project and to gives us your views. 


View all

We care about your feedback. Have your say.

Is this page useful?

Any concerns with your local area?

Report a problem with the Council