Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown (dlr) County Council is delighted to host the dlr Festival of Inclusion every autumn.
The aim of the annual dlr Festival of Inclusion is to highlight and celebrate social inclusion initiatives and to support and encourage all to actively participate and engage in the community
‘Belonging | Muintearas’ is the overall festival theme this year with activities and events taking place from Thursday 28th September – Sunday 8th October 2023 across Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown and also events running during October.
This community based social inclusion events programme showcases the many groups and organisations bringing people together to connect and celebrate community well-being and raise awareness, provide supports and promote belonging, social inclusion and diversity in dlr.
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is delighted to support dozens of organisations and community groups with hosting activities and events, which include
- ‘The Big Sing’ – New Park Community Orchestra and local choirs singing event in St. Michael’s Church, Dún Laoghaire, Sunday 8th October, 3.30p.m, all welcome to join the singing, song words provided, free event;
- 'Let's Talk Climate', Free Climate Action training & trip to Fernhill Park, Friday 29th September organised by Age Friendly Ireland & CARO & facilitated by Gavin Harte & Ruairí Ó Dulaing
- Autism Awareness & Anti Racism training webinars taking place online and in-person open to the public during the festival;
- Mincéirí Traveller Cabaret performance, 30th September at 7.30p.m in dlr LexIcon Library Theatre, Dún Laoghaire;
- IADT Human Library – where real people become books, Tuesday 3rd October, 1.00-4.30p.m, IADT, Kill Avenue, Dún Laoghaire;
- UN International Day of Older Persons Tea Dance & events taking place across dlr on Sunday 1st October;
- ‘Culinary Connections – Sharing our tastes and traditions’ event organised by Southside Partnership DLR
- Ballyogan Family Resource Centre Coffee & Connections – an opportunity for families in Ballyogan area to connect, Tuesday 3rd October from 11.30a.m
- Foxrock Cabinteely GAA and Cabinteely GAA clubs are inviting all members of the community to belong & take part in free Gaelic football, camogie and hurling sessions in Kilbogget Park and ‘Na Réaltaí’ fun activity sessions for children with additional needs in St Laurence College Hall, Loughlinstown
- Women 4 Women Network, Multicultural women’s breakfast event, Thursday 5th October from 10a.m in County Hall, Dún Laoghaire, all women welcome
- 'Drag and Draw' - an art class with a difference! Sunday 8th October, 13.30-15.00, The Lighthouse, Georges St. Lower, Dún Laoghaire as well as
many open days planned; free training webinars open to the public; DLR Social Prescribing for Health & Wellbeing and dlr Sports Partnership events; Dementia Information Hub; textile and crafts workshops, music and cultural performances; coffee mornings; Tea Dances; Dublin South FM ‘Voices of Belonging’ programme; Garda Older Person’s Association Safety & Security seminar; Integration information session; Inclusion in Irish Media and Arts - Panel discussion; Southside Travellers Action Group Fashion Show as well as much more to promote ‘Belonging’ in our community this autumn during the dlr Festival of Inclusion.
Join us and be part of the dlr Festival of Inclusion 2023!