Have your say on the Old Connaught Draft Local Area Plan

General News
Public Consultation
dlr LexIcon

Have your say on the Old Connaught Draft Local Area Plan, Pre-Draft Public Consultation

Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council are now inviting the public to have their say in relation to the Old Connaught Draft Local Area Plan*.  Submissions are invited from the public over the next 4 weeks, beginning on Monday 8th May, up to 5pm on Tuesday 6th June 2023. 

Councillor Mary Hanafin, Cathaoirleach, Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council said:

Public consultation is an essential part of this pre-draft public consultation process. I invite the public to give their views on the future development of the Old Connaught Local Area Plan area.”

Two public information drop-in sessions will take place at St Gerard’s School, Thornhill Road, on Thursday 18th May from 4pm to 8pm and Monday 29th May from 4pm to 8pm.  Representatives from Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council will be available on both days to answer queries in relation to the pre-draft public consultation and the plan-making process.  


Mr. Frank Curran, Chief Executive highlighted:

Dún Laoghaire - Rathdown County Council is delighted to progress with the pre-draft public consultation phase of the Draft Local Area Plan for Old Connaught. This is an important stage of the plan making process for this area, which will ultimately lead to the development of new residential communities in this area.”

Make a submission here

* Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is now engaging in pre-draft public consultation pursuant to Section 20(1) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended). A Local Area Plan (LAP) is a statutory document prepared by the Local Authority in accordance with legislation. A Draft Plan will set out the vision and overarching land use strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of area over the lifetime of the Local Area Plan.


View all

We care about your feedback. Have your say.

Is this page useful?

Any concerns with your local area?

Report a problem with the Council