Deep Cleaning Pilot in Ballybrack and Shankill
dlr Cleansing section are undertaking a deep clean pilot programme in 2019 with Ballybrack,Shankill, Stepaside and Cabinteely included in the Dun Laoghaire Area.
We intend carrying out the 'deep clean' of Ballybrack Village from Wednesday, 15th May and we estimate it will take about 2-3 days to complete. We will be carrying out the following activities in the Village:
- Sweeping of roads/paths
- Litter picking
- Clearing of road gullies
- Weed removal (An environmentally sensitive, non-chemical approach to weed removal is being used)
- The focus will be on the cleaning of hard surfaces and drainage gullies concentrating on the village centre.
- Works will start early each morning, from approximately 5 am as works and this will involve a degree of noise/inconvenience, as plant and equipment will be used.
- Local residents/businesses will be asked to ensure that cars are not parked so as to impede works.
- There will be a link-up with the Road Maintenance section and any road/footpath/public place repairs will be carried out once the cleaning activities have been completed.
This is a pilot programme and we will be learning and refining our approach as we go. There will be updates posted on our social media channels.