To provide and maintain a quality road, footpath and bridge network. We do this by resurfacing roads and footpaths and maintaining bridges. We also license activities on the 'Public Road' to protect the existing infrastructure.
To provide cross-departmental emergency response to severe weather conditions; such as ice, snow, and floods. These activities include gritting the roads during icy conditions and ploughing during heavy snows. We also assisting other sections with flood alleviation and removal of debris after storms.
Functions of the Road Maintenance Section:
- 2016-2018 Roads Programme
- 2016 Footpath Programme
- Operation of emergency response service to deal with ice, snow and floods specifically also see Winterready.ie
- Limited out of hours emergency services (Pageboy)
- Licensing of hoarding, fencing or scaffolding around sites
- Licensing the transport of abnormal (very large) loads through the county
- Application for Path, Verge & Roadways Surface Permit
- Licensing the use of cranes lifts or cherry pickers on 'The Public Road'
- Processing applications for lowering of footpaths at driveways (Footpath Dishing)
- Issuing of Hedge Cutting Notices
- Issuing of Taking in Charge Certs
Contact DLR Parks
Postal Address: Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, Road Maintenance Section, County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
Contact No: 01-2054879
Out of Hours Contact No: 01-6778844
Location: 1 Harbour Sqaure, Crofton Road, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.