How to Enter
Step 1: Submit Registration Form
Students must submit their registration form on the Relove Fashion website which can be found here: https://www.relovefashion.ie/home/howtoenter
Step 2: Submission Details
Complete the submission form on the Relove Fashion website by the 26th of November. Please note that applications are only valid if submitted using the submission form and all questions are answered.
Storyboard and Video Guidelines
The storyboard must be presented in an electronic format. Photographs of the storyboard should be uploaded to the application form as a PDF or as a JPG. Please ensure that all text and details are clearly visible in the photographs.
The storyboard should include original illustrations and as well as additional materials such as photos or images from magazines, paper, fabric swatches, patterns, etc. that have influenced the design. It should be created on an A1 sheet of card. It should tell the story of the journey of your outfit from the inspiration to the finished piece and the steps taken to make the outfit. It must include the following:
- Before and After photos of the outfit
- Design inspiration - moodboard style
- Description of where the materials/clothing were sourced, the fabric and garment quality, and what steps were taken to upcycle and accessorise the outfit sustainably.
The videos are submitted to give the judges a better insight into the design choices that you have made. This informal video will showcase the applicants talking about their outfit and their design choices. It should include close ups of the outfit, showing any details and construction of the outfit.
- The video will be no longer than three minutes long
- It will be uploaded to YouTube with a status of unlisted. This will allow only those with the address to view the video. This address is entered into your submission form
- Registration: Currently Open
- Submission Deadline: 26th November 2021
- Shortlisting December 2021 to February 2022
- Grand Final: March 2022
Entries will be marked on their outfit, storyboard and submission form. Marks will be allocated as follows:
- Style and Creativity 20%
- Wearability 20%
- Sourcing of Outfit/Materials 20%
- Skills Used 10%
- Storyboard 20%
- Views on Making Fashion More Sustainable 10%
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to secondary students only.
- Entries can be submitted by teams or by individuals.
- As this is a reuse competition, the purchasing of new items will lead to disqualification.
- The outfit should be suitable for wear either as a day to day outfit or something that could be worn for a special occasion.