Repair and Leasing Scheme – An opportunity for owners of vacant homes
The Scheme aims to bring vacant homes back into use to provide social housing.
Homes must be:
• Vacant for at least twelve months
• Within our administrative area
An interest free loan of up to €60,000 is available to home owners. This helps with the cost of bringing homes up to private rented standards.
To assess a homes suitability, we look at:
• The demand for social housing in the area
• The current housing mis in the area as part of the goal of sustainable communities
If you are the owner of a vacant home and are considering leasing the home to us, contact us at email@example.com
Members of the public can register vacant homes in their area on www.vacanthomes.ie
Key Features of the Repair and Lease Scheme are:
• Leasing terms from 5 to 20 years are available.
• 80 to 85% market rents are available under longer term leases of 10 or more years.
• Up to 95% market rents are available for shorter RAS Availability Ageement terms of 5 to 10 years.
• Home owners can choose:
- to act as landlords and maintain the home under RAS Availability Agreements
- hand responsibility for the tenant and the day-to-day maintenance of the home to us under longer term leases of 10 to 20 years.
• Tenants are assigned from the social housing waiting list.
• The loan repayments are deducted from the leasing payments.
• Guaranteed rental payments.