The SIU provides support to local community organisations who work with marginalised or vulnerable communities, especially groups working with communities that come under the 9 grounds of Equal Status Acts: gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion and membership of the Traveller community.
• Social Inclusion Unit part-funded by Department of Rural & Community Development & contact point for national Social Inclusion programme issues
• General advice and support to external organisations and structures
• Coordinate implementation of the Age Friendly Strategy
• Organise annual Festival of Inclusion
• Development of dlr Migrant Integration Strategy
• Collaborative Events & Projects: Africa Day, India Day etc.
• DLRCC Staff awareness & training – Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Awareness, Age Friendly, Disability, Living Well with Dementia programme, Autism Friendly etc.
• Provide support to the dlr Integration Forum (formerly dlr Ethnic Minority Integration Forum) - Forum for migrant groups in dlr who are “helping develop an inclusive, supportive, secure and intercultural community that is based on the principles of equality, diversity, healthy communication, social justice and mutual respect”
DLR Men's Sheds
In this video, men from around Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown come together to talk about what their Men’s Shed means to them and what they do. Men’s Sheds across Ireland strive for a future in which all men can maintain and improve their well-being on their own terms and within their own communities.
How to Prevent Crime in the Winter Months
Top tips by An Garda Síochána on how to prevent crime during the winter months: