The 3 Categories and prizes are as follows in both language categories (Irish or English):
Children under 12 (Max 500 words) 1st prize €100, 2nd prize €50 and 3rd prize €30
Young Adult 12-17 (Max 1,000 words) 1st prize €150, 2nd prize €100 and 3rd prize €75
Adult 18+ (Max 2,000 words) 1st prize €500, 2nd prize €300 and 3rd prize €200
· Maximum of two entries each per individual will be accepted.
· Entries must be within the upper word limit or they will not be eligible for judging.
· Name and category must be included with each entry. In the categories for Children and Young Adult, age must also be given. Please include word length with all entries.
· Entries should be typed. Scanned copies of handwritten entries will not be eligible.
· Entry is free and open to all who go to school, study, work or live in the County of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown.
· Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org No hard copy entries will be accepted; entry by email only. If sending in 2 entries, they are to be attached to the one email.
· Stories must not have been published elsewhere and must be a new piece of work and the original work of the author. By submitting an entry, the author acknowledges that if it is judged a winning entry, it may be featured by Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council in a broadsheet or pamphlet or on social media platforms. The author retains copyright and may publish the work subsequently following its initial publication by DLRCC but the Council must be acknowledged in future publications.
· Entries must be received by Friday 29 May 2020 at 5.00pm.
· Judges’ decision is final. The Council will not enter into correspondence concerning any entry and will not be in a position to acknowledge receipt of entries.
· Results will be announced by 30 June 2020 and the winners will be published online on the Council’s website.