Level 5 Restrictions & Impact on Council Services Locally
From October 22nd, Level 5 Restrictions in the Government's Plan for Living with Covid-19 are being introduced across the country. These necessary public health restrictions will have significant impacts on all aspects of society and the economy locally. However, despite the restrictions there is still a wide variety of services that the Council can still provide to people.
While all citizens are mandated to exercise within a 5km area of their home, all Council public realm spaces are open for people to get fresh air and exercise in, while maintaining physical distancing as usual. Our Community Call Helpline (1800 804 535) will be open 7 days a week from 8am- 8pm ready to assist those in need.
A list of services & amenities that will remain open / operating are as follows:
- Community centres
- All Parks
- Outdoor playgrounds, play areas and outdoor gyms will remain open
- Allotments are to remain open in conjunction with the respective organising committees, and will be subject to strict monitoring to ensure adherence to public health guidelines
- Pre-appointment only for Housing / Planning at Council buildings
- Community Call Helpline will be extended to 8am-8pm, 7 days a week on 1800 804 535 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for full details
- Online services still available on our website and our libraries have a wealth of online content at https://libraries.dlrcoco.ie/
- Shanganagh and Deansgrange Cemeteries are to remain open. Deansgrange Cemetery Office remains operational for phone & email enquiries only. Contact details can be found here
- Dún Laoghaire Harbour and its Piers are open as are all beaches and bathing areas, subject to your 5km area
- All car parks in dlr parks will remain open, and this will be kept under review.
- While dlr Leisure facilities are fully closed, a limited number of all weather pitches in parkland settings will remain operational for non-contact training & can continue for school aged children, outdoors in pods of 15, in line with the Level 5 restrictions. This also applies to grass pitches.
- Parks Cafés will be open to cater for takeaway service only
- Parks toilets remain open as enhanced cleaning regimes are already in place
Services & Amenities that are affected / closed are as follows:
- dlr Leisure Centres, pools, and gyms are closed
- All Sports complexes, Clubhouses and changing facilities remain closed
- Stepaside Golf Course is closed
- Tennis Ireland has requested that all member clubs suspend all activities, including all junior coaching programmes, with immediate effect
- Fitness Classes in Parks are currently prohibited
- Markets in Peoples & Marlay Park cancelled until further notice
- Click & Collect service at Libraries is suspended but they are operating a Book Drop service – available via Community Call Helpline
- Our Housing Maintenance team will be carrying out essential and emergency repairs only.
A Government issued document, "Resilience and Recovery: 2020-202, Plan for Living with COVID-19", is available in the 'Related Documents' section of this page, as well as a detailed infographic of the Level 5 Restrictions infographic in English and as Gaeilge.
#StaySafe #HoldFirm #InThisTogether