dlrcc are seeking Expressions of Interest under the new Community Recognition Fund
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council have been allocated over €700,000 under the new Community Recognition Fund.
This major initiative, the first of its kind, is designed to specifically support communities across the country that have welcomed and are hosting families and citizens from Ukraine and other countries.
The scheme details set out that only areas which have high levels of new arrivals will be deemed eligible for this scheme. In Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown, areas with the highest numbers of new arrivals are Ballyogan, Dundrum, Leopardstown and Sandyford.
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is seeking expressions of interest for project proposals from community groups in the areas listed above or areas where there are large numbers of citizens from other countries living.
The possible types of projects that can be funded under the scheme include:
• The refurbishment of local sports clubs and facilities
• The upgrade of community facilities such as play areas, walkways, parks and community gardens
• The purchase of equipment to benefit local clubs, festivals, music and arts organisations
• The enhancement of school or parish facilities that are open to the wider community after hours or on weekends. This could include the provision of sensory/accessible equipment and/or IT equipment/wi-fi
• Transport infrastructure such as community vehicles and bus shelters
Proposed project details within the identified areas should be submitted to email@example.com by close of business on Monday 6th March 2023.
Full details of the scheme can be read here.