CoCo Markets Restart in Marlay & Dún Laoghaire this Weekend
Temporary new location in Dún Laoghaire along Queens Road & dlr LexIcon – closed to cars, open to people.
CoCo Markets are open in Marlay Park on Saturday and Sunday from 11 July and in Dún Laoghaire on Sunday from 12 July, with extended trading hours from 10:00am to 5:30pm. Due to Covid-19 restrictions the Dún Laoghaire CoCo Market is temporarily moving from People’s Park down to Queen’s Road & in front of the dlr LexIcon along the coast. If you live near either market, we are well stocked with fresh produce, groceries, and other essential foods. We also have hot food available for takeaway.
In line with the government guidelines we continue to operate with social distancing measures. During peak times you may have to queue to access the Markets and will be asked to move on after you have finished shopping. We kindly ask that you do not congregate at the Markets and consume your food and drinks offsite. We ask that you adhere to these simple guidelines, designed to ensure our CoCo Markets remain a safe place to shop and work. We are all in this together, and we each have a vital role to play. Here’s a quick guide:
- All areas of the Markets are now open with social distancing guidelines in place.
- If we’re busy, you may be asked to queue to enter the Market, so please be patient.
- CoCo Markets are open in Marlay Park on Saturday and Sunday and in Dún Laoghaire on Sunday.
- Sanitation stations will be positioned at entry points.
- You may find staff asking you to keep a safe distance apart from each other. There are markings on the ground to help you do this when queuing. If a stand gets too busy, you may be asked to come back when its less crowded.
- You’ll be asked to come, shop and be responsible. Service will be friendly but fast. Our traders usually love a chat, and they will again in the future, but for now speed and safety are of the essence.
- All communal seating has been removed. Please don’t linger to eat anything you buy here, no matter how nice a day it is.
- Please don’t come in groups any larger than strictly necessary for you to buy the essentials you need. The fewer bodies here, the safer everyone will be.
- Please pay with cards if at all possible.
- Please try not to pick up and put down items of produce while you are shopping. Most importantly, ensure that you wash any uncovered purchases when you get home, and—of course—wash your hands thoroughly before and after cooking.
- Usually we would be happy for people to bring reusable cups and containers, but for now we would ask you to refrain from doing so.
- Keep your distance but be kind and don’t be afraid to share a nod and a smile.
- Our small, independent traders will be hugely appreciative of your support.