Cycling is the ultimate family activity and is suitable for all ages. It is free, fun and keeps us fit and healthy. During Bike Week 2022, there are several events taking place all over Dublin including several events being held by Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council:
- May 14 (Saturday) – Women-only cycle training from 11am to 1pm. This is ideally suited for those who are looking to get into cycling. Numbers are limited. Register here.
- May 15 (Sunday) – Fun Free Family Coastal Cycle from Blackrock Park to Dún Laoghaire along the new coastal mobility route with cycling activities for children taking place at Newtownsmith– 10am to 4pm. All are welcome on this cycle, but registration is essential here.
- May 16 (Monday) – Webinar on the Dublin City Council E-cargobike for businesses pilot project. 1pm to 2pm. Register here
- May 17 (Tuesday) – Try out an electric bike at Greenaer at Unit 1, 70 Heather Road in the
Sandyford Business Park (www.greenaer.ie) from 3pm to 5pm
- May 18 (Wednesday) – Lunchtime Public Bike Clinic in Dún Laoghaire on Crofton Road near County Hall – 12:30pm to 3pm. Come along for a free bike check and basic repairs.
- May 21 (Saturday) –Public Bike Clinic at Dundrum Library – 2:30pm to 4.30pm. Come along for a free bike check and basic repairs.
According to An Cathaoirleach Cllr Lettie McCarthy:
Bike Week is great opportunity for families to rediscover the bicycle and find out how convenient cycling can be for local trips while at the same time discovering the local community. It also gives cyclists an opportunity to try out the new coastal mobility route at the main event on May 15th, one of the busiest cycle routes in Ireland.