Permanent Remedial Works at Coliemore Harbour, Dalkey
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is making an application* for approval to An Bord Pleanála in relation to the proposed development of permanent remedial works for a pier walkway in Coliemore Harbour which is a Protected Structure, located in Dalkey, County Dublin.
The proposed development will comprise;
- the mobilisation and site set-up, including access to viewing platform and obstruction removal (bollards etc);
- removal of temporary walkway to allow access for grouting;
- phased grouting works of the harbour wall by gunition and/or pointing method into open joints in rock mass to improve stability and prevent grout loss followed by compensation grouting of the larger voids;
- installation of up to 16 rock anchors from the suspended platform via a crane located on the viewing platform;
- grouting of the rock anchors;
- headplate installation, with grey olive metal rings welded to the top of the bars; resurfacing existing walkway; and
- pointing and post condition works.
Plans and particulars associated with the proposed development which includes a copy of the Natura Impact Statement and project particulars (including the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening Report) are provided below, and also at:
• Offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1
• Council Offices of Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, 2 Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin between the hours of 10.00am to 4.00pm; and on-line here
Any submissions or observations with respect for the proposed development must be received by An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 no later than 5.30pm on 16 June 2022.