The scheme is open to owner-occupiers of privately-owned homes who reside in the dlr County Council administrative area aged 65 years of age and over. The scheme is not open to people living in rented accommodation (private, social or voluntary).
Applications for the scheme and all information can be made online here.
Hard-copies of application forms are also available by contacting the Community Section of dlr County Council at (01) 205 4893 or email email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of online, email or hard copy application forms is Friday 20th August 2021 at 5:00pm.
In the case of over-subscription, all applications will be assessed on vulnerability and geographical spread.
Approximate timeframe for the scheme:
• Scheme open for applications: Friday 23rd July 2021
• Scheme to close: Friday 20th August 2021 at 5p.m.
• Assessment period: September 2021
• Successful applicants informed and contact details provided to Locksafe Locksmiths: End of September / Beginning of October 2021
• Locksafe Locksmiths will contact successful applicants directly to confirm suitability for existing locks replacement: End of September / Beginning of October 2021
• Installation to commence: October 2021
• Installation to be completed: End of October 2021 (depending on Government guidelines)
How do I apply?
Please apply by completing the online form here and submitting the application form at the bottom of the page or by completing a hardcopy and sending it in the post to:
High Security Locks Scheme,
Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council,
Community Development Section
County Hall, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, A96 K6C9