The eight specific Corporate Goals that the Council has adopted are aimed at enhancing quality of life and maximising opportunity in the County and we will achieve these corporate goals by working and collaborating effectively in tandem with our vision for the County.
1. Showing leadership in protecting the environment through education and in how we work.
2. Facilitate the development of a variety of housing options enabling improved choice, that drives quality of life for all.
3. Enhance people’s lives through access to sustainable travel choices across our network of communities.
4. Provide quality community, recreational, sporting and cultural opportunities for all who live, work and visit the County.
5. Enhance the vitality of our town and villages while preserving our natural and built heritage.
6. Engage with businesses to support their presence and growth in the County.
7. Promote equality and human rights by implementing the Public Sector Equality and Human Rights Duty.
8. Optimise human, financial and physical resources to deliver accessible customer focused quality services.
Delivering on our corporate priorities will give everyone in our communities, irrespective of age or ability, the opportunity to live life to the full; connecting, participating and experiencing wellbeing. This Corporate Plan is your plan, informed by you and your aspirations for your County. It is available to read and download online at www.dlrcoco.ie/corporateplan2020 at local libraries and Council offices.