New Housing Allocation Scheme for dlr
We have a new Housing Allocation Scheme for Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown which is the policy we use to allocate social housing. All persons registered on the dlr social housing list will receive a letter notifying them of the new Housing Allocations Scheme.
The main changes are;
- Tenants of Approved Housing Bodies can now join the Council’s Medical and Overcrowding transfer list.
- The number of houses we allocate to the Housing List and Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Transfer list has changed
- The age that a person must go onto the Senior Citizen’s Housing List has increased.
- People can opt to join the Seniors list at 60 or
- People will automatically be moved to the Seniors list 65
- All Rental Accommodations Scheme (RAS) tenants will now go on the RAS Transfer List. Before now, only some of these tenants were allowed to join the transfer list
- We have changed our housing areas of preference. We used to have 4 areas of preference. We now have 3 areas of preference. The new housing areas are:
Area 1 (South West of the M50) Ballyogan, Glencullen, Stepaside
Area 2 (Between the M50 and N11) Dundrum, Stillorgan, Cherrywood
Area 3 (North West of the N11) Blackrock, Dún Laoghaire, Shankill
Full details of the Scheme can be found here.