Waste Charges

Who do I contact in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council if I have further questions?

Account Queries can be directed to the Council’s Waste Charges section on (01) 205 4747. Or by e-mail to

Does Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council provide bottle-banks?

Yes. We provide recycling facilities at bottle banks, and also at Ballyogan Recycling Park, Ballyogan Road, Dublin 18,   Eden Park, Glasthule and Shanganagh recycling centres.

I have unused bag labels, what do I do with them?

Return them to Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council (Waste Charges, Finance and Risk Management Department), County Hall, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin for a refund

Does Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council provide a waste collection service?

The Council ceased providing a waste collection service in 2010.  Residents in the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown administrative area are now responsible for making their own arrangements to dispose of refuse by engaging the services of a permitted private refuse collecgtor and/or using the recycling and disposal facilities provided by the Council at bottle banks, Ballyogan Recycling Park, Ballyogan Road, Dublin 18 and at Eden Park, Glasthule,  and Shanganagh Recycling Centres.

I have an agreement with the Council to pay my waste charge arrears. What happens now?

Please continue to pay your arrears as normal.

What happens if I have waste charge arrears with Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council?

If your account is in arrears and you do not already have an agreement with the Council, please contact any member of the Waste Charges team at telephone (01) 205 4747 or e-mail to clear arrears or to set up a formal agreement to pay the arrears by instalment.

If I do not pay the waste charge arrears, what happens?

The Council will actively pursue all outstanding balances. Unpaid balances will remain due and payable to the Council.  In the event of any future payment being made to you by the Council, the unpaid balance may be offset against the payment.