The dlr Community Clean-up scheme supports groups wishing to organise a litter pick in their local area by providing a kit (bags, pickers and gloves) and collecting the litter. The sheme is open to Community Groups, Estate Management Groups, Resident Associations, Tidy Towns Groups and Schools.
For more information and to register your Clean-up in advance, please contact our Civic Hub by phone 01-2054700 or email@example.com.
- Groups carrying out a cleanup are advised to register in advance with the Council with a date and public location for the waste to be collected.
- Clean-up kits can collected from the Council's Dundrum or Dún Laoghaire offices. Bags, gloves and pickers can be available, guidelines apply.
- Please note that all recyclables such as glass and cans collected during a clean-up, should be taken to the local bring banks for recycling. Recyclable waste cannot be picked up under this project.
- Green waste collected should be taken to Ballyogan Recycling Park for recycling. Green waste cannot be collected under this project. The Council cannot collect bags of leaves under this scheme.
- Only waste in the blue Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council clean up bags will be collected. These bags are registered to your community or school group. Please note that waste presented in bags that are not provided by the Council will not be collected.