How to Enter
Step 1: Submit Expression of Interest
Students must submit their expression of interest form by email to their Local Authority Representative no later than 5pm on the 2nd of October 2020. For students within dlr, please email expression of interests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Submission Details
Complete the submission form and return it to email@example.com by 5pm on the 30th of October. Please note that applications are only valid if submitted using the submission form and all questions are answered.
- Registration Deadline 5pm 2nd of October
- Submission Deadline 5pm 30th of October
- Grand Final 26th of November
Entries will be marked on their outfit, storyboard and submission form. Marks will be allocated as follows:
- Style and Creativity 20%
- Wearability 20%
- Sourcing of Outfit/Materials 20%
- Skills Used 10%
- Storyboard 20%
- Views on Making Fashion More Sustainable 10%
The storyboard must be mounted on an A1 board and preferably made from reused material. The storyboard should detail the design, materials/clothing used, the story of the outfit, what steps were taken toupcycle the outfit sustainably as well as some before and after photots of the clothes.
All regional finalists will receive a school tour and a fashion workshop at the Rediscovery Centre. The overall winner will receive a trophy and a design pack to the value of €1000 (Including, tools, equipment and mentoring from Rediscover Fashion) for your school.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to secondary students only.
- Entries can be submitted by teams or by individuals.
- As this is a reuse competition, the purchasing of new items will lead to disqualification.
- The outfit should be suitable for wear either as a day to day outfit or something that could be worn for a special occasion.
Further information regarding the competition can be found in the attached competition brochure below. Any queries regarding the competition can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by ringing 01 205 4700