Dublin’s biggest clean-up event is taking place from the 11th to the 19th of September. Join the anti-litter movement and make a positive impact this September, during Dublin Climate Action Week. Please follow the steps below to arrange your free equipment and litter bag collection.
The dlr Community Clean-up
The dlr Community Clean-up scheme supports voluntary groups wishing to organise a litter pick in their local area by providing a kit (bags, pickers and gloves) and collecting the litter bags after the event. The scheme is available to community groups, estate management groups, residents’ associations, tidy towns, tidy district groups and schools. This dlr Community Clean-up scheme is open all year.
How to collect equipment?
If you would like to access equipment under the scheme (bags, litter pickers, gloves or high-vis) please contact our Civic Hub to make arrangements. You may wish to use the ‘Report It’ tool to log a request, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 2054700. Equipment can be collected directly from the Civic Hub in County Hall Dún Laoghaire or the Dundrum Office. When collecting equipment, please review the scheme guidelines and safety advice provided.
• Bags, gloves, pickers and high-vis are available subject to availability and group size guidelines. Blue litter bags will be registered to the community or school group.
• The location and date of the litter bag collection must be arranged with the Civic Hub before the litter pick event. The Council can only collect bags from a public location.
• Only general street litter in official blue dlr clean-up bags can be collected.
• Green waste and leaves are not collected under this scheme.
• Recyclables (e.g. glass bottles and cans) collected during a clean-up should be taken to a local bring bank for recycling. Recyclable waste is not collected under this scheme.
How to arrange the litter bag collection?
Please contact our Civic Hub before the voluntary litter-pick to arrange a location and date of the blue litter bag collection. To prevent any delays, please give us as much notice as possible.You may wish to use the ‘Report It’ tool to log a request, email email@example.com or call the Civic Hub on 01 2054700.
Please be mindful of your safety and ensure you have reviewed the latest public health advice (www.hse.ie) and risk assessments before organising or taking part in a litter pick. For more safety information, please review the guidance document (here).