The dlr Community Clean-up scheme supports groups wishing to organise a litter pick in their local area by providing a kit (bags, pickers and gloves) and collecting the litter bags. The scheme is available for community groups, estate management groups, residents’ associations, tidy towns, tidy districts and schools.
Community Clean-up Kits can be collected directly from the Dundrum Area Office or the Civic Hub, County Hall, Dún Laoghaire. For more information, please email our Civic Hub at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clean-up kits can be collected directly from dlr's Dundrum Area Office or the Civic Hub, County Hall, Dún Laoghaire.
- Bags, gloves and pickers are available. Guidelines apply. Bags will be registered to the community or school group.
- The location and date of the litter bag collection must be arranged with the Civic Hub before the litter pick event. The Council can only collect bags from a public location.
- Only general street litter in official blue Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council Clean-up bags can be collected.
- Recyclables (e.g. glass bottles and cans) collected during a clean-up should be taken to a local bring bank for recycling. Recyclable waste is not collected under this scheme.
- Green waste and leaves cannot be collected under this scheme.