Phase 1 - Commencing 18th May 2020
Important points to note for Phase 1:
- The daily 2 hour window between 1:30pm & 3:30pm in dlr parks will remain reserved for use by the elderly and medically vulnerable who are cocooning.
- It is not possible to facilitate events or gatherings of ANY scale in dlr parks.
- Exercise limit is still capped at a 5km radius from your home.
- Maximum group of 4 non family members.
- We are all in this together, it is your personal responsibility to ensure you maintain a 2 metre physical distance from others at all times, and in all areas, when you are outside of your household. Protect yourself - protect others!
All car parks for our dlr parks will be reopened. Concessions and coffee shops in our parks will be reopened, with strict physical distancing in place, operating limited services, and providing takeaway refreshments only.
Pedestrian access is being maintained at Deansgrange and Shanganagh Cemeteries from 2.00p.m until late evening Monday - Saturday & Open all day Sunday
Bathing areas across dlr will commence reopening the week starting 18th May, with a focus on Seapoint bathing area reopening on Tuesday 19th, followed by Sandycove and the Forty Foot areas reopening on Wednesday 20th. The coastal path between the West Pier in Dún Laoghaire and Seapoint will also be reopened alongside Sepoint bathing area on Tuesday 19th. Reopening our bathing areas in stages is being facilitated by the gradual reduction in barrier infrastructure. COVID-19 signage will be placed at all locations.
Remaining closed in Phase 1:
In line with Government guidance, we will be phasing the reopening and availability of our services. As such, the following facilities will remained closed in Phase 1 of our reopening roadmap:
- Indoor tourism sites such as James Joyce Tower, Dalkey Castle, Marlay House, and Cabinteely House.
- Public toilets at all locations.
- Playgrounds at all locations.
- Multi-use games areas and outdoor gyms.
- dlr CoCo markets in People's Park and Marlay Park will not be taking place until a later phase.
- Public buildings and libraries are to remain closed in Phase 1.
- All other public dlr amenities, services and buildings not mentioned here will remain closed or inoperable until deemed appropriate during Phases 2 through 5.