Getting Ireland Brexit Ready public outreach events;
Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork, Friday 5th October.
NUI Galway, Friday 12th October,
Four Seasons, Monaghan, Friday 19th October,
Croke Park, Dublin, Thursday 25nd October.
Details on Getting Ireland Brexit Ready as well as registration for these events is available on https://www.dfa.ie/brexit/events/
The report on local government Putting People First – An Action Programme for Effective Local Government Oct 2012 envisaged a range of reforms including an enhanced role for local government in community development. This enhanced role for the Council in community development was provided for in the Local Government Reform Act 2014 which was enacted on the 1st June 2014 and included for the establishment of Local Community Development Committees.
Role of the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Local Community Development Committee
The LCDC will be a committee of the Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council and its primary role will be to develop, co-ordinate and implement a coherent and integrated approach to local and community development. This will involve the following:
- Have primary responsibility for Co-ordination, planning and oversight of local development spend
- Bring a more coherent approach to the implementation of local and community development programmes and interventions.
- Drive meaningful citizen and community engagement in scoping, planning, delivery and evaluation of local and community development programmes.
- Ensure a more efficient administration of local and community programmes and delivery structures.
- Develop approaches that focus on learning and feedback.
- Explore and pursue opportunities for additional funding resources.
Functions of the Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Local Community Development Committee
The proposed functions of the LCDC is to:
- Prepare the community element of 6 year local economic and community plan
- Co-ordinate, manage and oversee implementation of Social Inclusion, Community Activation Programme (SICAP) including the Local Community Development Programme and the Rural Development Programme (LEADER)