Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council have completed a new public park on a former brownfield site along the Drummartin Link Road, Sandyford Business Park, Dublin 18.
The main features of this park are:
• Transforming a brownfield site to a publicly accessible park; introducing natural mounds and extensive native Irish woodland planting with natural habitats and improve the carbon footprint of the environs.
• The provision of a generous park with new entrances, tree planting, playground, seating, new boundary treatment and wide paths throughout the park for the benefit of DLR.
• Provide a large, accessible playground that includes natural play to meet the needs of local residents.
• Improved pitch facilities.
• Improved public open space facilities within the area and improved pedestrian linkages.
Works were completed in early 2021.