Following the success of the Seasonal Fund Last year and in order to support traders in our Towns and Villages through the Christmas season, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is pleased to announce the availability of the Christmas Seasonal Fund for this year as well.
The fund is available (only) to business/representative organisations and is intended for use in animating the public realm and bringing some seasonal cheer to Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown’s Towns and Villages for Christmas 2021. The funding should be used for lighting and decorating commercial areas, making them attractive spaces for customers to visit and shop locally while adhering to the government guidelines regarding public safety measures and social distancing.
Applications will open on 16th of August and close by 30th September 2021. Successful organisations will be informed by Thursday 7th of October 2021. Upon application open date, an email will be sent to all registered business/representative organisations which includes the details of how to apply.
Please note that the following terms and conditions apply:
- Applications may be made by business organisations/representative groups only.
- The funding request should be reasonable, proportionate and justifiable.
- Organisations must have the capacity to manage and implement the seasonal project.
- The fund is intended to cover up to 100% of additional lighting/dressing features not already in place or grant awarded. Organisations already grant awarded may still apply for this additional funding.
- Any amount awarded will be subject to the overall availability of funds in order to ensure an equitable distribution. While every effort will be made to ensure a fair and balanced allocation of funding, the Council’s decision will be final.
- The fund does not extend to Shopping Centres or to individual businesses.
- Organisations will be required to submit proof of expenditure for audit purposes.
- Any amount awarded which is not fully spent will be recouped by the Council for future funding.
- Unspent amounts from the 2020 fund will be deducted from this year’s payments.
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org