The grant, which is available as a contribution towards fixed costs to assist a business to keep operational for an eventual re-opening, is only available to an applicant operating from a rateable property.
The scheme covers the period 1st January 2021 to 30th June 2021. Each eligible applicant will receive a payment of €4,000 with an additional payment of €4,000 from May 2021 to applicants continuing to meet the scheme eligibility criteria.
- The scheme is available to companies, self-employed, sole traders or partnerships, with a minimum turnover of €50,000 and are not owned and operated by a public body. The Scheme is open to firms that currently employ less than 250 and with current turnover of less than €25m.
- The business is not eligible for CRSS or the Fáilte Ireland Business Continuity Scheme.
- The business operates from a building, or similar fixed physical structure on which business rates are payable (mobile premises, or premises which are not permanently fixed in place, do not meet the definition of business premises nor do premises on which no rates are payable).
- The business must have a current eTax Clearance Certificate from the Revenue Commissioners.
- The turnover of the business over the claim period is estimated to be no more than 25% of the average weekly turnover of the business in 2019; or the projected average weekly turnover of the business for 1st January to 31st March 2021, and 30th of June 2021 where applicable, for businesses that commenced after 1st November 2019, and the financial plans as of end of 2019 should be uploaded with the application.
- The business intends to resume trading in full once Government restrictions are eased.
- All eligible applications receive a first payment of €4,000.
- Payments will be dispersed in the same format as rates refunds via bank transfer.
To access the application form, eligibility criteria and frequently asked questions, please click here.
An Irish language version of the application form is available at the following link: https://submit.link/4w
The closing date for applications for the initial grant under SBASC is 21st April 2021.
If you have any queries, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 01-2054700