Applying for a casual trading licence
Anyone wishing to engage in casual trading within the administrative area of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown must apply for a casual trading licence.
Download the Casual Trading Licence Application Form
Please include with your application form:
• Application fee of €63 must accompany the attached application form. This is non refundable in the event of the application being refused.
• A sketch map of your proposed location must also accompany your application form.
• Tax clearance certificate must be submitted with application.
• Once your application has been approved, Public Liability Insurance is required. The name, address and location of trading is to be included on policy and Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown to be indemnified on such a policy
• Copy of your current motor insurance certificate must also be submitted, if appropriate.
• The fees for holding a casual trading licence are as follows : €63 per month or €380 per year and are payable when your licence is being issued.
• If you are selling hot food, you will have to comply fully with all health and safety legislation, and it is your responsibility to find out what is required. At a minimum, you will need a hot water hand-washing unit in your stall.
Casual Trading Bye-Laws
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council adopted Casual Trading Bye-Laws in 1998 (pursuant to the Casual Trading Act, 1995). The Bye-Laws empower the Council to grant licences for casual trading and also relate to the controlling and management of casual trading.