Under the scheme, community and voluntary groups may apply for grants for small scale capital projects or capital elements of projects that seek to enhance communities, address disadvantage and improve social cohesion at a local level. In cases where both current and capital works are carried out together, only the capital element can be funded through this scheme.
The scheme has prioritised target groups and thematic areas and applications should relate to at least one key target group and thematic area in order to be eligible for consideration.
Applications should relate to at least one key target group and thematic area in the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Local Community and Economic Plan 2016-2021 relating to:
- Older people
- People with disabilities
- Ex-prisoners and families of prisoners/ex-prisoners
- Projects promoting cultural activity
- Projects promoting equality
- Community development projects
- Projects promoting integration
- Projects which are part of the Creative Ireland 2017-2022 initiative
The Communities Facilities Scheme 2017 Application Form and a detailed Guidance Document can be downloaded here:-
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 30th June 2017 at 4pm.