Benefits to Landlord
- Guaranteed rent on 1st of the month via EFT payment.
- No collecting rent/sourcing tenants
- Guaranteed rent during vacancy period (Availability Agreement only)
- Governed under Residential Tenancies Act 2004 as amended so you can regain vacant possession if required
- Tenants are screened and matched to properties
How it works
If you have a Rent Supplement tenant and wish to come onto Scheme with them, the following types of contract are available to you:
- 4 or 10 years duration
- DLRCC undertakes to pay the landlord the monthly rent for the duration of the contract regardless of whether the property is occupied or not.
- DLRCC nominates tenants with agreement from landlord.
Tenant Specific Contract
- The Tenant Specific Contract is for the tenant you already have and ends should they vacate.
- No guaranteed payment during vacancy periods as contract terminates once tenant vacates.
- If you have a vacant property you wish to enter the Scheme with, then the Availability contract is used.
DLRCC will carry out an inspection of the property to ensure that it is suitable for the long term housing needs of the tenant and complies with the Housing (Standards for Rented Houses) Regulations 2008 & 2009.
A month’s deposit is guaranteed for all RAS tenancies but held by the Council on behalf of both parties
The landlord retains their responsibility as a landlord in respect of managing the tenancy and maintenance issues and routine house inspections whilst in a RAS contract.
Apply for it
If you are interested in participating in the Scheme, please follow these 2 simple steps:
- Download and complete Landlord Questionnaire form – this can be either scanned-in and once completed emailed to email@example.com or posted to The RAS Section, Housing Department, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire, County Dublin
- Print off this Checklist of additional documents for Landlords and submit in the preferred manner outlined above.
Queries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or any member of staff at Tel: 01-2047008.
Overseas landlords are also welcome to apply.