Tender for an audit for the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Public Art Collection
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council invites tenders for the appointment of an external expert(s) to undertake the following body of work:
1. A condition audit of the outdoor public art collection in the County.
2. Costings for the required maintenance/conservation work to be undertaken on the works in the collection.
The County Council is open to proposals from individuals/companies with relevant expertise to undertake this full body of work or alternatively to proposals from two or more individuals/companies working collaboratively.
The closing date for receipt of tenders is Monday 21st May 2012 at 12 noon. Please note that tenders received after this time and date will not be accepted.
Role and Responsibilities
1. Condition Audit: A consultant(s) will be engaged to conduct a condition audit of 41 pieces of public art sited outdoors in the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown public art collection, as per list provided. Two of the works are currently in storage and have never been installed. The audit is to be non-invasive and based on observational and photographic records only. The audit will provide a condition report and maintenance/conservation recommendations for each of the 41 pieces of public art. The audit should categorise the priority level of the maintenance/conservation to be undertaken on each piece. The audit form for each artwork will include photographic evidence of the current status of the artwork. The consultant(s) will report directly to the Arts Office of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council. The completed audit should be supplied to the Arts Office in CD format.
2. Costings for maintenance/conservation: Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council also requires costings for the maintenance and conservation work required on all the works in the collection. These should be detailed and relate to the recommendations outlined in the audit. An indication of the timeline for maintenance/conservation on each piece, as required, should be included.
Please submit the following information in the tender:
- Letter of interest
- Quote in euro showing nett cost + VAT, plus breakdown if different VAT rates apply
- Example of previous work, under both headings
- Referees, under both headings
Criteria for Selection:1. Previous Experience of similar contracts :
Candidates to submit details of a minimum of 2 similar contracts, for both strands of the tender, including the following information:
Client Contact Details
Please note that DLRCC may contact referenced clients.
please give full breakdown (including estimated number of hours to be allocated to the research), showing nett cost + VAT
The consultant will be engaged during the period from June to August 2012 and the survey should be completed by 7th September 2012.
Place of Work:
The consultant will work from her/his own offices.
The appointed consulant will be required to provide a Tax Clearance Certificate if their business is likely to supply goods or services to Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council exceeding €10,000 in a twelve month period.
Public Liability Insurance:
The appointed consultant will be required to provide a copy of her/his Public Liability Insurance policy of €6.5 million with a specific indemnity to Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council.
It will be the responsibility of the consultant to ensure that other person(s) not employed by Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council , but employed by the consultant to assist her/him with the exhibition have adequate Public Liability (€6.5 million) and Employer’s Liability (€13 million) cover which indemnify both Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and the consultant.
Freedom of Information:
The provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 1997-2003 apply to Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council. Applicants should state if any of the information supplied by them is confidential or sensitive and should not be disclosed to a request for information under the aforementioned Act. Applicants should state why they consider the information to be confidential or commercially sensitive.
Please note that the purpose of this tender is solely to conduct a condition audit and indicate costings for required work.
Please clearly mark your envelope as:
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council: Public Art Collection Survey
Tenders should be posted/delivered to: The Arts Office, Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
Email submissions will not be accepted.
The closing date for receipt of tenders is Monday 21 st May 2012 at 12 noon. Please note that tenders received after this time and date will not be accepted.
Please refer any queries relating to the tender to:
Ciara King, Assistant Arts Officer, Arts Programme Development
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council
E: email@example.com T: +353 1 271 9529