The Dún Laoghaire - Rathdown County Council Road Safety Plan 2010-2015 (pdf -170kb) has been developed to provide a greater focus on road safety, in line with the National Road Safety Strategy, over a 5-year period. It is an action plan with a focus on reducing road collisions and casualties through education, enforcement, engineering and evaluation, also known as "The Four Es".
International consensus has built around the Four Es as the pivotal elements in reducing road deaths.
Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council runs a dedicated School Warden Service.
- Operation “Light Up” 20th-21st February 2013 (link to rsa.ie)
- Road Safety Alert - Icy Conditions, Freezing Fog & Risk of Snow (link to rsa.ie)
- "Be Safe Be Seen" Campaign 2012 (pdf -709kb)
- Advice for Road Users for Winter
- Casualty Reduction Events for November and December 2012
- Dublin Metropolitan Region - Casualty Reduction Implementation Plan (link to rsa.ie)
- Operation "Slow Down" (link to rsa.ie)
- Road Safety Plan 2010-2015 Irish version (pdf -113kb)
- Road Safety Plan Evaluation 2011 (pdf -70kb)
- Speed limits
- Road Safety Authority Guide to Safe Motorway Driving (pdf -1,685kb)